Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

emmc mounting problem

This is a discussion on emmc mounting problem within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; That particular partition may be corrupt or uninitialized. Before my internal SD completely went kaput on my last Atrix, I had to dissect the 4.5.91 ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: emmc mounting problem

Super Moderator
    Developer

Member #
    Twitter
    J_R3CONF1GUR3D
    Liked
    555 times
    That particular partition may be corrupt or uninitialized. Before my internal SD completely went kaput on my last Atrix, I had to dissect the 4.5.91 Motorola SBF and pull out certain partition .bin files and flash them with Fastboot to their correct block. That kind of strong arms things into working, though for how long is uncertain. DRAM is one of those things that either works completely or doesn't at all, unlike magnetic storage that can have bad sectors.

If I can remember how I did it I'll post back with some instructions... (and maybe some files)

I have to say, though, that if what Das8nt has suggested hasn't worked... there's only a very small chance this could work.
    das8nt likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    That particular partition may be corrupt or uninitialized. Before my internal SD completely went kaput on my last Atrix, I had to dissect the 4.5.91 Motorola SBF and pull out certain partition .bin files and flash them with Fastboot to their correct block. That kind of strong arms things into working, though for how long is uncertain. DRAM is one of those things that either works completely or doesn't at all, unlike magnetic storage that can have bad sectors.

If I can remember how I did it I'll post back with some instructions... (and maybe some files)

I have to say, though, that if what Das8nt has suggested hasn't worked... there's only a very small chance this could work.
    If you could work out how you did it, that would be amazing! If you could remember how you got into the SBF that might well help me.

Just want to thank everyone in this thread btw, this is a really friendly forum...I know it's usually bad etiquette to just post questions but you've all been great, so thanks!

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputintin View Post
    If you could work out how you did it, that would be amazing! If you could remember how you got into the SBF that might well help me.

Just want to thank everyone in this thread btw, this is a really friendly forum...I know it's usually bad etiquette to just post questions but you've all been great, so thanks!
    I certainly don't know what he was able to do and with what exactly files (that's why he's a developer and I'm not ), i can tell you how to get into a SBF, at least partially.

You can start with Moto SBF Depacker and split the main SBF into smg (and other) files. Get that here: http://modmymobile.com/forums/402-ge...22-2011-a.html

Then there are certain smg files that can be changed to img files and accessed using a trial version of WinImage. Find that here: http://www.winimage.com/download.htm

The important ones are:

CG59 is boot.img
    CG60 is system.img <--- probably most important to this
    CG61 is webtop.img
    CG65 is preinstall.img

WinImage can open those changes img files, and as long as you don't overload the extract command with too many files at one time, you can eventually extract all of the files (or most of them). This is a rudimentary process for accomplishing this in Windows.

Sent from my Unlocked/Rooted/Stock MotoATRIX using Tapatalk 2

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    I certainly don't know what he was able to do and with what exactly files (that's why he's a developer and I'm not ), i can tell you how to get into a SBF, at least partially.

You can start with Moto SBF Depacker and split the main SBF into smg (and other) files. Get that here: SBF depacker 1.3 [03/22/2011]

Then there are certain smg files that can be changed to img files and accessed using a trial version of WinImage. Find that here: Download WinImage

The important ones are:

CG59 is boot.img
    CG60 is system.img <--- probably most important to this
    CG61 is webtop.img
    CG65 is preinstall.img

WinImage can open those changes img files, and as long as you don't overload the extract command with too many files at one time, you can eventually extract all of the files (or most of them). This is a rudimentary process for accomplishing this in Windows.

Yeah thanks, I got as far as Moto SBF Depacker this morning but didn't really know where to go from there...at least I am one stage further now, thanks.

This is all turning into a major headache...how likely am I to brick my Atrix if I just SBF it?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputintin View Post
    Yeah thanks, I got as far as Moto SBF Depacker this morning but didn't really know where to go from there...at least I am one stage further now, thanks.

This is all turning into a major headache...how likely am I to brick my Atrix if I just SBF it?
    Well, I don't think that you're likely to brick it, but I dont know that it would solve your issue either. As long as you use the correct SBF (newest for your carrier) and heed the precautions in the guide, then you should be fine. BUT, as we somewhat found out in the other thread, if it's an internal storage formatting issue then the SBF might not help since it doesn't effect the IS when flashed, only the /system and related boot partitions.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just a quick bump to see if anyone else has had this problem...there was a guy from xda who reckoned he could sort it but he has been ignoring my IMs so I'm guessing he promised more than he could deliver.

Kind of desperate to sort out my partitions...the phone works fine, it just doesn't accept external SD until you format it (and I have to format it again every time it boots up) and as in the title of the post...the internal memory doesn't show up at all.

If anyone has any advice they can give me...

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    No, but I think we might have had someone else that has a really similar issue. Still no solution on it though. My eyes have been combing the webernets.

Member #
    Twitter
    rmkilc
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same issue. Has anyone came to a solution?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Same issue for me. My emmc just disappeared suddenly and now doesnt show up at all. The external SD card works fine though. The emmc also shows up when connected to a PC but says insert disk when I click on it. Is it possible that m emmc has been fried ? Any way to verify that ?

Member #
    Twitter
    rmkilc
    Liked
    0 times
    I was able to fix mine. I can't remember all the exact steps, or the order I did them in, as it took a lot of trial and error, but the general idea of what I did was this: In an ADB shell, I ran mke2fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p18. I used parted to delete the partition on mmcblk0p18. I used recovery to then format /emmc. This fixed it good as new! Now, before doing any of this, you will want to use parted to verify mmcblk0p18 is indeed the emmc block, otherwise you will be messing up the wrong thing and brick your phone!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads