Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Failed to Boot 4 - Starting RSD Mode

This is a discussion on Failed to Boot 4 - Starting RSD Mode within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hi everyone, I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out the options I have to fix my Atrix. I foolishly tried to apply ...

Member #
    Twitter
    Newwisdom01
    Liked
    0 times

Failed to Boot 4 - Starting RSD Mode

Hi everyone,

I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure out the options I have to fix my Atrix. I foolishly tried to apply the latest OTA update while my Atrix was unlocked and it seems to have bricked my phone (soft-brick I suspect since it still turns on).

I originally had a custom ROM installed on my device, and in the process of trying to go back to the stock ROM, I ended up using Titanium Backup to restore my phone back to the original date that I had ever put my first custom ROM on the phone (which was back when I first got it nearly a year ago). When I put my first custom ROM on the device, I unlocked the phone, rooted and applied the custom ROM (after doing associated backups and whatnot). Running through the restore, the process was successful and I had the stock ROM restored on the phone. I was then notified of an official update that needed to be applied to the phone. I accepted the update and upon rebooting the phone, I received the error message stated in the title.

I have been trying to use RSD Lite 5.6 with the Motorola Atrix 4.5.141 SBF to try and flash fresh firmware onto the device, but RSD Lite is not recognizing my phone. I suspect it's because I have Windows 7 x64 (based on a number of issues other users have reported when using RSD Lite), so I'm currently trying to install Windows Vista x86 in Virtual Box to try and do it from there, but I want to make sure there isn't anything else I'm missing, or perhaps a more appropriate solution to this problem. I wish I had initially partitioned my hard drive to have another OS installed on it, because I'd much rather work in the actual environment than in a virtual one because I've noticed some issues recognizing USB devices in general. I've installed and reinstalled the Moto drivers and the RSD utility with no avail (in my physical environment - Win 7 x64).

I'm also working with a janky battery charging setup because my battery was moderately low when I attempted all of this so in order to do any flashing, the device has to have a certain level of battery charge. It works, but every time I fail in whatever I attempt, I am often forced to recharge the battery to levels enough where I can perform something else (since I can't charge it through the phone because of these errors).

Just thought I'd include any and all details I have so that perhaps someone can help me out in anyway possible. Thank you so much!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Hello Newwisdom, and welcome to Atrix Forum.

I'm not a technician, so I can't address the problems you're experiencing - but if you can be patient and hold on awhile, one of our Rescue Squad guys will swing by and give you a hand
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Hi and welcome to the site! Sorry to hear you're having all of these issues.

It seems you are doing everything right to properly recover your phone. It very well may be a driver conflict issue, but to track it down and fix it isn't easy.

Here's one user's post of a solution he found to his driver issues. The steps might be slightly different since you phone isn't booting, but the rest of it might be worth a try. See what your phone is coming up in the Device Manager when plugged in: Primitive Sideloader - an alternative windows sideloader for non-rooted Atrix

Other than that, I would recommend a different machine altogether. Virtual machines are usable in a pinch, but I would be very nervous flashing from one.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Can yo give me a link to the Motorola Atrix 4.5.141 SBF file?

I messed mine up with a failed factory reset and its stuck on failed boot 4 too...
    I cant find an SBF file anywhere...

What ever version that I can root would be great
    I never updated the latest update & it was rooted on gingerbread before I did the restore.

I would prefer a stock load so I can send it in to AT&T for repair

Thanks

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OhYa View Post
    I messed mine up with a failed factory reset and its stuck on failed boot 4 too...
    I cant find an SBF file anywhere...

What ever version that I can root would be great
    I never updated the latest update & it was rooted on gingerbread before I did the restore.

I would prefer a stock load so I can send it in to AT&T for repair

Thanks
    You can find a few links on my site here: das8nt.com/downloads

Good luck!

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Remove Ads

Ads