Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Camera Blank Screen Issues

This is a discussion on Camera Blank Screen Issues within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I have a Atrix 4g with 2.3.6 and when I go to my camera app my back camera is just a blank screen and sometimes ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Camera Blank Screen Issues

I have a Atrix 4g with 2.3.6 and when I go to my camera app my back camera is just a blank screen and sometimes it will force close, if I take a pic the flash comes on. My front camera works, can anybody help me with this?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Have you tried deleting data and cache in settings/applications/manage applications/all/camera? once done reboot the phone and see if it works.

Welcome to the forum BTW.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    If what Rob suggested doesn't work - you can try different camera apps from the market as well... I use CameraZoomFX(paid app) and it works quite well.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    similar problem. been searching everywhere online. Havent modded the phone at all. Did a factory reset via the android recovery menu to no avail. Started having problems with the phone overheating (near the camera/LED area). Would do a battery pull, let it cool down, and then restart with no problems...UNTIL the last time it happened. Now the phone runs slower, and the rear camera and flash are not working.

PROBLEMS:
    1. rear camera (for still photos and video) is not working. Pull up either app (stock or 3rd party) and all I get is a black screen preview. I can select the front-camera...and after a delay the phone will first ask me if i want to force close or wait on the app since it's taking time to load...and after a few more seconds after selecting "wait", the front camera comes up.
    2. rear flash doesn't turn on. Neither with the camera/camcorder flash "on" option or with any 3rd party flashlight app.

Please help. Out of warranty, as of literally a week.

Do I just need new stock camera apks? or is there something else wrong, seeing as how the Flash isn't working either?

current phone info:
    MB860
    system vers: 4.5.141
    android vers: 2.3.6

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    Have you tried deleting data and cache in settings/applications/manage applications/all/camera? once done reboot the phone and see if it works.

Welcome to the forum BTW.
    Thank you sir. And yes, sorry failed to mentioned tried the clear data (since clear cache is not avail). Also tried the clear cache via android recovery menu too...both didnt do much beside delete some media

Remove Ads

Ads