Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Error Mounting /emmc

This is a discussion on Error Mounting /emmc within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I'm hoping someone can help me here I recently rooted and unlocked the bootloader of my ME860, and have flashed the latest CM7 ROM. What ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By das8nt

Thread: Error Mounting /emmc

Member #
    Twitter
    revowution
    Liked
    0 times

Question Error Mounting /emmc

I'm hoping someone can help me here I recently rooted and unlocked the bootloader of my ME860, and have flashed the latest CM7 ROM. What I have noticed is that I can no longer access my Atrix's internal memory (I believe by CM7 default that would be /emmc).

When I try do a wipe data/factory reset in CWM recovery, one particular line says "cannot mount /emmc, skipping wipe", or something along those lines.

I also can't mount /emmc when I try via CWM recovery...

When I attempt to connect my phone to a computer via USB cable, I can see the external SD card in "My Computer", but where the internal memory should be is a greyed out HD icon... I also no longer have the option to select "USB mass storage mode" via my phone.

Everything else works fine on the phone though. CM7 seems to be working flawlessly, other than the fact that I can no longer access the internal memory via EStrong or connecting it to the PC (again, I don't have a "USB Mass Storage" choice anymore).

Anyone know how to rescue my /emmc (internal memory)?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    How much would you be losing if you tried to format it in CWM mounts and storage?

I never can remember with CM based ROMs; is the emmc supposed to be the Internal or external storage? I know the Atrix Co fuses it even more so with its large internal partition. You're sure that you're not looking at the Internal Storage and can't see the external card?

Sent from my Unlocked Moto Atrix using Tapatalk 2
    RevoWution likes this.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Twitter
    revowution
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi there, sorry for the late reply. Gmail decided to file this email notification as spam lol...

Yes, I am sure it was my internal memory. All sorted now though. I went into "Settings" and was able to "format internal memory" from there, and all is good now.

And yes, with CM7, "/mnt/emmc" is the INTERNAL memory, and "/mnt/sdcard" is the EXTERNAL removable memory. Very confusing haha. Although there is an option in CM7 to swap them around, but I find the switch even more confusing lol.

Thanks again for your response. Hopefully this thread can help other people in the future

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    It's only confusing because Motorola decided to do it different from standard (which is what CM returned it to when you flashed it). If your internal card were to go bad, you'll be glad that you're set up with the external card as being the card being used rather than the internal one.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Twitter
    revowution
    Liked
    0 times
    Ahhh I see I was wondering why the phone was working perfectly even though the internal storage was unrecognised and unavailable.

All is good now. Loving CM7. Battery life has almost doubled.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    No, your internal card should still be available to you, albeit labeled /emmc. I don't know why you're having issues with it, although I have seen the same message from CMW --- perhaps that's more of the issue than the phone????
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Twitter
    revowution
    Liked
    0 times
    The sd card is actually /sdcard, and the internal memory is /emmc by default for CM7. There is an option in "Settings" to switch them around.

I was strangely having issues with the internal memory, aka /emmc (computer could not see it, phone could not see it, estrongs could not see it), but the phone was operating normally.

No issues now though. I discovered that I can format the internal memory by going into "Settings" -> "Storage". All is good now
    Motorola Atrix (ME860) [rooted | bootloader unlocked]
    ROM: CyanogenMod7-7.2.0-RC2 running Android 2.3.7
    Kernel: 2.6.32.59-MB860-CM7-gaf2d0d0
    Recovery: ROMRacer's custom CWM recovery v5.0.2.7
    Memory Card: Transcend 16GB Class 6 SDHC

Remove Ads

Ads