Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Atrix Bootloop after installing CWM

This is a discussion on Atrix Bootloop after installing CWM within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hello, im coming from Defy to Atrix, mine is Brazilian 2.3.6 Retail, and just unlocked the bootloader using Bell SBF. After installing RomRacer CWM (recovery-atrix5.img) ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Atrix Bootloop after installing CWM

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Thumbs up Atrix Bootloop after installing CWM

Hello, im coming from Defy to Atrix, mine is Brazilian 2.3.6 Retail, and just unlocked the bootloader using Bell SBF. After installing RomRacer CWM (recovery-atrix5.img) using the fastboot method, my phone went in a continuous bootloop. Fastboot mode shows me an error something like FAILED TO EXECUTE COMMAND %e (a0cccx) that repeats and scrolls down the screen in red lines. I have to pull battery to stop this. RSD mode reboots the phone. Android Recovery shows me "Entering Android Recovery Mode" and after that phone hangs. To have the things worse, battery drained down.

After charging the battery using an universal charger, phone started, but when Android loaded, it hanged everything. I had to pull the battery. After that, phone went in bootloop again. I got into fastboot, wiped everything. After that i was able to get into Android Recovery, wiped everything again and tried to start the system, no luck. It went in bootloop again and the message in fastboot mode came on again.

One more point is, when the battery in on the phone, the phone is getting really hot.

I was using the phone for about 5 hours before messing the whole thing up, if i have it working again, i will stick with original firmware. No more customizing on this Atrix as long as its really easy to hardbrick. Im afraid that i did this to mine.

Defy is almost impossible to hardbrick. And its bootloader is locked. I see no goodness on having a phone that is that easy to kill... Please help me................

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    Explain the " just unlocked the bootloader using Bell SBF" part? When you boot up your phone, does it say "unlocked" in the upper right corner before any graphics show?
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    I know you said you got it to the point that it would boot up, but then hang. If you can get it to that point again then I would boot into RSD mode and flash your Brasil 2.3.6 SBF.

On a side note, after unlocking, did you flash the RAMfix? You may have been low on RAM, though usually it doesn't cause that many problems.

Sent from my rooted Atrix 2 via Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carl_h View Post
    Explain the " just unlocked the bootloader using Bell SBF" part? When you boot up your phone, does it say "unlocked" in the upper right corner before any graphics show?

I flashed
    IHOP_Bell.sbf using a folder called C:\Atrix

Yes, my bootloader shows unlocked when phone starts up. BUT it show in the left upper corner of the screen.

May I Flash original sbf?

I Didnt flashed any RAMfix, i didnt flash anything after flashing the recovery-atrix5.img file.
    Last edited by fabianowerner; 07-03-2012 at 12:08 AM.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fabianowerner View Post
    I flashed
    IHOP_Bell.sbf using a folder called C:\Atrix

Yes, my bootloader shows unlocked when phone starts up. BUT it show in the left upper corner of the screen.

May I Flash original sbf?

I Didnt flashed any RAMfix, i didnt flash anything before flashing the recovery-atrix5.img file.
    Yes, even unlocked you can flash a stock SBF. If you wanted to unlock again you would just have to take the same steps without the fastboot commands. If you do you'll need to follow up with CWM and the RAMfix, or a custom ROM with a bootloader that supports international phones, like Faux's kernels.

Sent from my rooted Atrix 2 via Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    thanks for the fast reply. now my atrix doesnt start, seems like that sleep of death... the one that shows me green led when usb is connected, but nothing happens when i push power button. nothing happens BUT the battery drains and the phone gets hot, warm........................ motorola 1 x 0 me.

[EDIT] NOW IT STARTED BUT with the error message when i try to get to fastboot mode: FAILED TO PROCESS COMMAND %s ERROR (0xa000e)

what could be.
    Last edited by carl_h; 07-03-2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: removed unnecessary language

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    sorry about the language

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just flashed 4.5.2A-51_OLL-48_SIGNED_STABLE45LAOLYMPGBRETBR_P008_A022_M002_HW pd_Service1FF.sbf as it is the original sbf that came with my phone. It flashed OK using RSD, phone started Gingerbread, came to the MOTOBLUR login screen but after that phone hanged and restarted itself. Now its in bootloop, stuck in red moto screen.... Now my phone is locked again and doesnt start. What else should i do?????

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Hang on for awhile, until one of the Rescue Squad guys can swing by to give you a hand, OK?
    fabianowerner likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Sorry for being late in replying.

This sounds like more than software. If you've flashed a stock SBF and factory reset it, then that's the two most powerful things that we can do as end users. IF you haven't factory(hard) reset since flashing, you might try that again, but other than that I don't know. I have not seen that fastboot error before, either. The battery draining and getting hot is not normal. Do you have any warranty options?
    fabianowerner likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads