Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Stuck in Boot Loop

This is a discussion on Stuck in Boot Loop within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I made a CWM backup and then changed to a different ROM on my phone. I wanted to go back and back up texts on ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By D03274256

Thread: Stuck in Boot Loop

Member #
    Liked
    29 times

Stuck in Boot Loop

I made a CWM backup and then changed to a different ROM on my phone. I wanted to go back and back up texts on my phone (from the backup I made) so I used CWM to restore the backup I made. I am now stuck in the infinite boot loop. How do I get my phone booting again?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times

Re: Stuck in Boot Loop

Try booting into CWM recovery the manually by holding Volume Down while the phone boots, then when you see Fastboot tap Volume Down until you see Android Recovery then press Volume Up to select it. That should get you into CWM recovery where you can try to restore the backup again, or wipe everything and try again, or wipe everything and then install a new ROM.

A SBF would probably work too, but it's the long way around.

Sent from my MB865 Atrix 2 via Tapatalk 2

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    Try booting into CWM recovery the manually by holding Volume Down while the phone boots, then when you see Fastboot tap Volume Down until you see Android Recovery then press Volume Up to select it. That should get you into CWM recovery where you can try to restore the backup again, or wipe everything and try again, or wipe everything and then install a new ROM.

Each time I tried using CWM to recover it would tell me that /system failed and would reboot, and I was stuck in the boot loop. I upgraded back to the ROM I had, and my phone is operating now. But my ? is how would I get back to that CWM recovery so I can backup texts?

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post

I attempted to use RSD and the SBF file, and now I am for real for real stuck in the bootloop. RSD Light shows please manually reboot your phone, but the phone itself is constantly rebooting. If I unplug the USB and then try to boot on it's own it continues to boot loop. What in the jeepers did I do?

EDIT ---
    If I can get it to the bootloop can I re-install CWM and attempt to put a ROM on there or is that not an option? Also, if I try to boot into recovery, Power + down arrow, I get the Android guy and an exclemation point?!
    :-( This was much easier for me the 1st time I attempted this, haha
    Last edited by jo15765; 11-28-2012 at 03:18 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jo15765 View Post
    I attempted to use RSD and the SBF file, and now I am for real for real stuck in the bootloop. RSD Light shows please manually reboot your phone, but the phone itself is constantly rebooting. If I unplug the USB and then try to boot on it's own it continues to boot loop. What in the jeepers did I do?

EDIT ---
    If I can get it to the bootloop can I re-install CWM and attempt to put a ROM on there or is that not an option? Also, if I try to boot into recovery, Power + down arrow, I get the Android guy and an exclemation point?!
    :-( This was much easier for me the 1st time I attempted this, haha

Enter recovery again, and when you get the exclamation point and robot guy press (I Think) power + home key and then clear the data cache as well as the other cache option, then reboot your phone and you will be golden.
    das8nt likes this.

Ads