Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Atrix Screen Compleletly Unresponsive When Waking

This is a discussion on Atrix Screen Compleletly Unresponsive When Waking within the Rescue Squad forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; First I'd just like to say that I google'd my issue and couldn't find anyone that had quite the same problem as I'm having. Are ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Exclamation Atrix Screen Compleletly Unresponsive When Waking

First I'd just like to say that I google'd my issue and couldn't find anyone that had quite the same problem as I'm having.

• Are you Rooted or Stock?

Stock

• Explanation of what your issue is or what you are trying to accomplish.

About 30% of the time (and rising), when I turn the screen on by pressing the button, the screen is unresponsive. Everything displays fine, but NO part of the screen responds to touch. This has been happening for a few weeks.

Some exceptions are:
    1) If I press the volume up/down buttons sometimes the screen will start responding. However, this is working less and less as a fix.
    2) One time the screen became unresponsive while under normal use. IE I had been browsing the internet on the phone for a minute and then it became unresponsive.

The phone is 1 1/2 years old. I haven't any reason to believe a recent change in software or dropping the phone would have caused this.

The current fix is to turn the screen off and back on again. 90% of the time this fixes it.

• What have you done to get to the point where you are now?

I have searched and searched. People suggest the digitizer, but that seems to be more related to when portions of the screen stop responding. Mine works great when it works, and doesn't respond at all when it isn't working.

It doesn't seem to be related to heat, but I can't be sure. If there is a loose connection tapping on the phone to jostle it doesn't solve anything..

Please help! I really don't want to have to buy a new phone right now. I really like this phone and would like to get more than 1.5 years out of it.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Welcome to the forum!

If you can hang on for a bit, one of our Rescue Squad guys will give you a hand.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    Have you tried resetting the phone to factory settings? Just like pcs, eventually software bits of information builds up over time, even if you delete applications their cache lingers.

Keep in mind though, a factory reset deletes data. If you have any pictures or files you wanna keep, it would be wise to put them on an sd card.

You may also wanna go the route of a custom rom. The original atrix has had some issues. I've had mine since day one and have had no complaints. I did eventually install a custom rom and it works fantastic.

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

acb
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times

Re: Atrix Screen Compleletly Unresponsive When Waking

This is how my atrix acted when the digitizer was going bad. Eventually that 30% will rise to 100%

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times

Re: Atrix Screen Compleletly Unresponsive When Waking

I agree with the digitizer. Also, it's more holding or squeezing the phone a certain way that will cause a loose connector to make contact again. I'm betting that's why the volume buttons help since you were squeezing the phone differently. Just my 2 cents, though.

Sent from my MB865 Atrix 2 via Tapatalk 2

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Remove Ads

Ads