Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

2.3?

This is a discussion on 2.3? within the T-Mobile (UK) forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Carriers category; Because of the lack of an unlocked bootloader (I think) for we of the UK persuasion, it seems like a bit of a pain in ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 2.3?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Because of the lack of an unlocked bootloader (I think) for we of the UK persuasion, it seems like a bit of a pain in the rear to find an unlock routine for 2.2.2 non-us, which it appears you need to do before you start.

I miss my HTC desire tbh. Flashing a new unbranded rom from HTC was as simple as running a windows application. Flashing a rom on the atrix (non-us) just seems like a ball ache to be honest. I started the process but failed at the first hurdle, so now am waiting for the official update before I decide whether to go back to my desire (which I have flashed to GB thanks to the rom given by HTC)

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    The step for international vs AT&T is virtually the same except for a different file installed. Check my tutorial stickied in the hacks section for help.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I have consolidated the process I used to update my orange phone to the retail firmware at
    boolean-life-blogspot.com
    if anyone on t-mobile wants to do the same, the method works on t-mob phones quite handily.

Been banned from the official motorola forums now (oh how I laughed), so thought I would post in here in case people want to update and have not received the OTA / Motorola update as yet

Cheers

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbombjack View Post
    I have consolidated the process I used to update my orange phone to the retail firmware at
    boolean-life-blogspot.com
    if anyone on t-mobile wants to do the same, the method works on t-mob phones quite handily.

Been banned from the official motorola forums now (oh how I laughed), so thought I would post in here in case people want to update and have not received the OTA / Motorola update as yet

Cheers

Why were you banned from the official Motorola Forums?

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    orange OTA update is here

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Why were you banned from the official Motorola Forums?

-Mike
    From what I can see, Mark (Moto forum Admin) didn't like people discussing how to flash a Retail rom to a branded handset.
    Despite the update being a genuine motorola rom, and keeping the phone as close to its original spec as possible, they have tried to censor this method. IMO, once you have paid for the handset or signed up to a contract, you should have the choice what version or ROM you install, and if its a genuine ROM then Moto shouldn't be trying to hide it if it keeps the handset from being loaded with custom roms.
    For me it is just another nail in the Coffin for choice of handsets when an upgrade is due.
    Spreading the Android word across the UK with the help of my Atrix

Member #
    Twitter
    adi1530
    Liked
    4 times
    ITS OUT!!! just downloaded 2.3.4, so for badass

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I got banned for exactly what @davey guessed
    Personally I do not see the problem with showing people how to update their device with a generic rom if it comes from the manufacturer. I could understand if I got banned for advocating cyanogenmod or something else (not that there is anything wrong with them per se).
    Ultimately I will not be getting another moto device, but then I would imagine - based on what I have read - I am not alone in that plan

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 has been out for a while for Tmobile Atrix users, i updated mine last week, don't know about OTA but i had to do it wit the usb / pc, works perfect

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by roman87626 View Post
    Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 has been out for a while for Tmobile Atrix users, i updated mine last week, don't know about OTA but i had to do it wit the usb / pc, works perfect

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads