Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

New 4G phones from AT&T

This is a discussion on New 4G phones from AT&T within the AT&T (US) forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Carriers category; I spoke to an AT&T customer rep named Mary this morning. She answered some questions I had regarding a new feature they introduced for unlimited ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New 4G phones from AT&T

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

New 4G phones from AT&T

I spoke to an AT&T customer rep named Mary this morning. She answered some questions I had regarding a new feature they introduced for unlimited texting on the family plan. They now offer unlimited mobile-to-mobile minutes to any phone on any network. But that isn't why I'm writing this. During the course of our conversation she casually told me that AT&T would be releasing 20 new 4G phones this year. I then asked her how many would be Android devices and the answer was 12. I assume that 2 of those 4G Androids have already been released. So, 12 out of 20. That leaves 8 to divide amongst RIM and WM7, I suppose. 1 of those Android devices should be the Samsung Infuse, which seems to have dropped off of the map. I wonder how many will be new Motorola phones?

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    I believe it's 2 more moto's I know one for sure LG and I believe another 1 or 2 are HTC...that's what my guy said at least.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ah HA! An insider. heh

Thanks for the info. Is one of them the Galaxy S II by any chance? 12 Android phones sounds like a LOT! I suppose it is all customer driven just like I know that AT&T will stop putting their apps on cell phones, Motorola will ask each buyer if they would prefer Motoblur or stock Android, and our unlimited data plan will be back any day now, right?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel_yell View Post
    Ah HA! An insider. heh

Thanks for the info. Is one of them the Galaxy S II by any chance? 12 Android phones sounds like a LOT! I suppose it is all customer driven just like I know that AT&T will stop putting their apps on cell phones, Motorola will ask each buyer if they would prefer Motoblur or stock Android, and our unlimited data plan will be back any day now, right?
    I think TMoible is getting the Galaxy S2...maybe I read wrong, AT&T still may get it because it has the right broadband frequencies.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    some htc would be nice. Sense > Blur but I dont wanna use either.
    Launch Pro+ Juice Defender = Winning!!!

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    I think Moto will always have blur, HTC will always have sense---it's their version of branding. Without that, then what would they hold over eachother? You know? It's like all toyotas having the same engines as the lexus...then what's the point of buying the lexus? (

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I don't think all of those will be up to par with the Atrix though... There are android users who aren't "power users", and don't need as much tech. But, I will be sad if we see a beefed up Atrix or a quad-core anything.
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    62 times
    I was just thinking about the quad core. If my phone is running on as many cores as my pc, why even have a pc.
    thekooliest likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I follow the below link wrt update on AT&T phones. thought useful to share.

Upcoming AT&T phones - Phone Arena

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Looks like the big winner in that list is the LG Optimus 3D. Which rated pretty well in bench marks. Looks like a cool phone. Just not a huge LG fan. Especially for phones. Not enough establishment in smart-phones for my liking.
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads