Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

No Upgrade Option Till When?!?

This is a discussion on No Upgrade Option Till When?!? within the AT&T (US) forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Carriers category; I've been an AT&T member since 2004 (Cingular then). I've upgraded maybe 3 times in that time span. I just recently upgraded from the iPhone ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: No Upgrade Option Till When?!?

Member #
    Twitter
    Auxilium1
    Liked
    90 times

No Upgrade Option Till When?!?

I've been an AT&T member since 2004 (Cingular then). I've upgraded maybe 3 times in that time span. I just recently upgraded from the iPhone 4 to the Atrix 4G and just wanted to check when my next available upgrade is scheduled for.

My jaw hit the floor! 2/26/2013!? Seriously, that's a little ridiculous, I always thought it was shorter depending on length of member or amount you pay per month? Can someone explain this is anyone knows? I'll miss the Atrix 2 because I don't feel like paying full price when it does come out lol

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I believe AT&T uses a 2 year system but my rep has told me I can do a early upgrade which saves me paying full price which is sweet so when the time comes that you get the itch for new phone just go ask about early upgrade worth a try

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    Used to be 2 years from date of contract, now it's 19 months, I think. I believe early upgrade is available after 13 months, but will cost you an additional $125. Don't quote me on that, I could be off a bit.

Member #
    Twitter
    Auxilium1
    Liked
    90 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tcchubb View Post
    I believe AT&T uses a 2 year system but my rep has told me I can do a early upgrade which saves me paying full price which is sweet so when the time comes that you get the itch for new phone just go ask about early upgrade worth a try

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I don't know how early the early upgrade is useable but I remember speaking to a ATT agent and said they can do an upgrade 3 months before your actual upgrade date. When I bought my iPhone 4 in August last year (2010) my upgrade option was available again this month, which is why I was able to upgrade to my Atrix.

But I mean 2013 is pretty far out and if ManDroid is correct and its available after 13 months I believe that's fine actually.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    You can upgraqde after a year with a discounted price, you will not get the same price as a new costumer but you will pay way less that full price. I've been a costumer since 2002 and every year I get a new phone.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Twitter
    @logantyler_
    Liked
    59 times
    It's ridiculous how long you have to wait.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Rooted & Unlocked Motorola Atrix with CM7

Member #
    Liked
    275 times
    they are just trying to save you some money

Member #
    Twitter
    Auxilium1
    Liked
    90 times
    I would rather it be a year and allow me to spend money on new devices lol

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Only primary line averaging more than $99 gets the 12 month upgrade. Thats $99 befor taxes. That's voice and data. AT&T does not count text as part of $99 equation.Secondary lines won't qualify for at least 18-21 months.

People who upgraded ib the last with Iphone may or may not have been ELIGIBLE for upgrades a little earlier in the past because AT&T made exemptions for those wanting Iphone customers (like letting them upgrade3 months early for Iphone 3gs in 2009 and up on 6 months early for Iphone 4 in 2010.This all relates to full subsidy discounts and not partial discounts.

Go over to howard forums and there is sticky over on ATT portion and it explains upgrades.

OP. Does your primary line average more than $99 for voice and data excluding taxes, excluding texts?
    Last edited by Aneftp; 08-07-2011 at 06:24 AM.

Member #
    Twitter
    Auxilium1
    Liked
    90 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aneftp View Post
    Only primary line averaging more than $99 gets the 12 month upgrade. Thats $99 befor taxes. That's voice and data. AT&T does not count text as part of $99 equation.Secondary lines won't qualify for at least 18-21 months.

People who upgraded ib the last with Iphone may or may not have been ELIGIBLE for upgrades a little earlier in the past because AT&T made exemptions for those wanting Iphone customers (like letting them upgrade3 months early for Iphone 3gs in 2009 and up on 6 months early for Iphone 4 in 2010.This all relates to full subsidy discounts and not partial discounts.

Go over to howard forums and there is sticky over on ATT portion and it explains upgrades.

OP. Does your primary line average more than $99 for voice and data excluding taxes, excluding texts?
    I have 3 lines on my plan, I'm the primary line which is $69.99 so it says, I easily pay over $200 a month though and thats with noone going over their limits.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads