Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Official Info From AT&T + a friendly phone representative.

This is a discussion on Official Info From AT&T + a friendly phone representative. within the AT&T (US) forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Carriers category; According to att.com, AT&T Announces the World's Most Powerful Smartphone, the Motorola ATRIX 4G, will be Available for Preorder on Feb. 13 , the following ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Official Info From AT&T + a friendly phone representative.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times

Official Info From AT&T + a friendly phone representative.

According to att.com, AT&T Announces the World's Most Powerful Smartphone, the Motorola ATRIX 4G, will be Available for Preorder on Feb. 13, the following applies to the Motorola Atrix w/ Laptop dock.

1. Price of ATRIX 4G and Motorola Laptop Dock package is before $100 mail-in-rebate AT&T Promotion card & with 2-yr DataConnect agreement is $599.99.

So it's 599.99$ + tax, for just the phone and the Laptop dock. You'll get a 100$ visa gift card as a rebate that you can use to "pay your wireless bill" as suggested by the website. *This price does NOT include your current data plan or the cost of the tethering. Which brings us to number 2. OH, almost forgot, if you're NEW to at&t you can forget the rebate because "Must be a customer for 30 consecutive days to receive Card". ... JOY.

2. Laptop Dock - Firefox browser use with AT&T Mobile Broadband requires Tethering Plan.

This is the fun part they don't tell you about. In order for the laptop dock to work you have to have the tethering plan. Even if you're at a Hotspot or on WIFI, the plan is required. I called AT&T about the website tonight and made the rep explain what they meant by that part and he said.. quote "The DataPro plan w/tethering is REQUIRED in order for the Laptop dock to work". He goes on to say that I wouldn't be able to keep my Unlimited plan that I so conveniently got when I got my iPhone and that I would have to change my plan to the DataPro w/ tethering for the additional cost of 45$ per month which currently includes 4gigs of data transmission.

He did say that I could get the promotion for 599$ and the tethering plan goes down to 20$ per month for 24 months. WHOOPIE!!!

There IS however some decent news.

3. AT&T is also offering an Entertainment Access Kit for ATRIX customers which includes the Motorola HD Multimedia Dock, a Bluetooth® keyboard and mouse, and a remote control for $189.99.

I think this is an OK deal but remember you can always get this stuff probably cheaper and most of us already own some of this. I'd only really be interested in the remote, but depending on the quality of the keyboard and mouse, I may be swayed a little.

Now I'm not one to argue or complain, but it seems like at&t is milking every penny they can out of this amazing phone and it's really crappy to the people that want these.

I, of course, am going to get the phone. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, and the multimedia dock for sure.

As far as the laptop dock.. no thanks. The other "package".. maybe.

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    when you say that you wouldnt be able to keep your unlimited plan, are you talking about if you wanted to do the dock/tethering plan? or if you get the atrix you cant keep your unlimited plan even if you dont plan on tethering with the laptop dock?

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Dang. I still want the phone and really hope there might be some type of work around (xda :-)) that can be found on the laptop dock.
    Thanks for the info NaLoMo.
    I would rather shoot for the moon and miss then aim for the gutter and make it...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
    when you say that you wouldnt be able to keep your unlimited plan, are you talking about if you wanted to do the dock/tethering plan? or if you get the atrix you cant keep your unlimited plan even if you dont plan on tethering with the laptop dock?
    As long as you don't get the Laptop dock, you can keep your unlimited plan. If you get the laptop dock, you have to choose the DataPro w/Tethering plan and give up your unlimited one.

UNLESS.. people find a way to hack the dock to work w/out getting a tethering plan. THEN and only then would I even consider getting one.

^ nexus 5 .

fin.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    hold up just a dagum second, if your not required to use it on the multimedia, then maybe if you buy the dock elsewear you wont need the plan, just a thought, heck i teather all the time and dont get caught, as long as your not download torrents you usually dont
    Android is the Apple of Tommarow

Quote Originally Posted by gerseppy View Post
    I also made plans to replace my wife's iPhone,but I have yet to tell her...

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    my guess is aftermarket laptop docks will be released, it would be too easy to make a prototype with the hd dock, an hdmi cable and a empty laptop...

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
    my guess is aftermarket laptop docks will be released, it would be too easy to make a prototype with the hd dock, an hdmi cable and a empty laptop...
    YAY for china
    Android is the Apple of Tommarow

Quote Originally Posted by gerseppy View Post
    I also made plans to replace my wife's iPhone,but I have yet to tell her...

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Aftermarket FTW!!!!
    I would rather shoot for the moon and miss then aim for the gutter and make it...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty92 View Post
    hold up just a dagum second, if your not required to use it on the multimedia, then maybe if you buy the dock elsewear you wont need the plan, just a thought, heck i teather all the time and dont get caught, as long as your not download torrents you usually dont

I asked about that actually. The website says that you can buy it alone for 500$. And I asked if the tethering is STILL required even if I just buy it by itself later on down the road and the guy told me YES it is required regardless.

I'm hoping he was just saying that to get me off the phone cause I was grilling him for almost 20 minutes to clarify what he is saying.

^ nexus 5 .

fin.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I wonder how they would know if you are on the dock. If it is a software trigger of some sorts, I am sure there will eventually be a work around...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads