Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

AT&T From CES Day 1

This is a discussion on AT&T From CES Day 1 within the AT&T (US) forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Carriers category; I rather have variety in devices than been stuck with more if the same thing that everybody else has. There is a phone for everyones ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: AT&T From CES Day 1

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    I rather have variety in devices than been stuck with more if the same thing that everybody else has. There is a phone for everyones taste on the Android camp.

Sent From Rob's Neutrinized ATRIX.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Let's hear it for AT&T!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I already had an Apple device. Android is far better. I just wish there weren't so many freakin iterations of almost the exact same phone. That's not real variety, its just a rebranding of the same technology. That's why I said I'm not interested in anything that's still on Gingerbread. Because to me, there's no point in spending big bucks on something just cause it's "new"... a significant improvement in user experience (i.e. ICS) would be worth it.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by the Atrix's awesomeness. Most phones are nearly obsolete a year after their release, but the Atrix is still one of the most powerful available.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by eja144; 01-14-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Are you kidding??? The OS might be the same but the customization level is crazy. You can have 5 Atrix phones and none would have the same interaction.

Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Yeah I realize that. All I'm saying is that why would a company put all those resources into designing and releasing a brand new model phone and have it run an "old" OS? Why not just wait until the OS is upgraded so they can offer the best user experience possible? As a consumer, I have no motivation to spend top dollar on new hardware until the software catches up. And by that time, given the uber-short product life cycles, there will almost surely be even better hardware available. I love Android, but I can't help but feel like the Samsungs and HTCs and Sony's of the world are missing the big picture - that if they take the time to *perfect* things they will enjoy greater long term brand loyalty. Instead they get caught in the rat race and try to one-up each other on a daily basis, compromising some quality in the process - seems short-sighted to me.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    If that would be the case, we might as well be Apple. You have to remember that Androids is the developers OS. There is always going to be plus and minuses. I hear what you are saying though, it seems like every other month there is a new phone coming out. Never the less, the bottom line is that these companies are driven by making numbers and a profit, and as long as Android remains open (hopefully for many years) is not going to change.

Last edited by RobKort; 01-14-2012 at 11:04 PM.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I hear what you're saying. I know I've been coming off as a negative Nancy, wheb in fact I'm overwhelmingly happy that I ditched apple for android! I'll leave this discussion with a final thought - coming from the professional marketing world, one of the biggest mistakes I see clients make on a regular basis is letting short term sales overshadow long-term brand positioning. Twenty years ago, that would have been the norm, but today good marketers understand that strong branding will drive sales in a long term sustainable way. By over-saturating the market with several similar products, a company may enjoy a short-term boost in sales, but are diluting their brand in the process, which over time, could cause them to lose market share and profit.

Last edited by eja144; 01-14-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    I agree....

Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eja144 View Post
    I hear what you're saying. I know I've been coming off as a negative Nancy, wheb in fact I'm overwhelmingly happy that I ditched apple for android! I'll leave this discussion with a final thought - coming from the professional marketing world, one of the biggest mistakes I see clients make on a regular basis is letting short term sales overshadow long-term brand positioning. Twenty years ago, that would have been the norm, but today good marketers understand that strong branding will drive sales in a long term sustainable way. By over-saturating the market with several similar products, a company may enjoy a short-term boost in sales, but are diluting their brand in the process, which over time, could cause them to lose market share and profit.

See "GM"... Coming from a die hard chevy guy :-)

Tapped from Chris's OG Atrix running Dorian's hybrid!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Anything looking good out of CES?
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads