Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

AT&T From CES Day 1

This is a discussion on AT&T From CES Day 1 within the AT&T (US) forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Carriers category; A summary of AT&T's day 1 announcements at the CES. It's nice to see AT&T launching some developer tools for Android, as it seems they ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: AT&T From CES Day 1

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times

AT&T From CES Day 1

A summary of AT&T's day 1 announcements at the CES.

It's nice to see AT&T launching some developer tools for Android, as it seems they have been playing catch up in the non-Apple market since 2010. Nothing too special in my opinion though. Then there is the Windows phone HTC Titan II, that I wouldn't talk about except for the fact that it has a 16 megapixel camera. 16 mega..what?! Yes.

Anyways the main reason they posted this was for a tiny rant.
    The highlight of the group is the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD which is essentially a Galaxy Nexus device dressed up in AT&T's clothing.
    Yay, AT&T is getting the Galaxy Nexus what a "surprise"! Wait..what is that they called it? A Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket HD?! Why not a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Or anything with Nexus in it. Or at least don't use the codename Skyrocket which is the LTE-successor of the GSII and throw on an HD after it. I'm honestly baffled. It doesn't really matter..but seriously? I throw blame on Samsung (although it very well be AT&T's fault)..I already didn't like the name Samsung Galaxy Nexus, I would rather something like the Samsung Nexus 3, or Z or anything.

Edit: Nevermind, upon further research its showing this Galaxy Nexus variant to be more of a Galaxy S II Skyrocket variant..still on 2.3, still with Samsung and AT&T bloat. Same processor and still LTE. Now with the 720p 4.65" sAMOLED screen.

Now, how is this AT&T's "Galaxy Nexus variant"?

#rantover

-Sam
    Last edited by thekooliest; 01-09-2012 at 06:40 PM.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Will it be vanilla? Or is it touchwiz modified?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Nevermind, upon further research its showing this Galaxy Nexus variant to be more of a Galaxy S II Skyrocket variant..still on 2.3, still with Samsung and AT&T bloat. Same processor and still LTE. Now with the 720p 4.65" sAMOLED screen.

Now, how is this AT&T's "Galaxy Nexus variant"?

I thought I posted this but I guess I didn't. First time auto-save on a forum has come in handy. It is touchwiz.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Twitter
    Auxilium1
    Liked
    90 times
    Nexus Prime was the best name.

Tapped via Atrix 4G, running Dorian's RedPill (CM7) Hybrid.
    Currently Running:
    White Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Stock ICS
    Atrix 4G - Dorian's RedPill (CM7) Hybrid.
    Nexus S - CyanogenMod 9
    Xperia Arc S
    - Stock ICS

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Agreed. I'm a little less infuriated after realizing that it isn't a Galaxy Nexus, but truly an HD version of the Skyrocket (nicer screen). But every post on the internet is saying how it is "AT&T's Galaxy Nexus's variant". Not sure if this is what AT&T claimed during the CES, but it is total bull. Gingerbread? Huh?
    - Sam

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Here's my rant...

I think Android phone manufacturers need to take a lesson from Apple, and get off the crazy week-long product life cycle. Take a little bit more time to perfect and fine tune rather than force new products on to the market just so they always have an answer to the competitor's flavor of the day. I have zero interest in any new device that's not on 4.0 - even if it has great hardware. Because by the time it gets an OTA update, there may be something better out there. Or if not, I'll just do what I did with the Atrix and buy it post-update when it's old news and on sale for 50 bucks at Best Buy.

jetmech likes this.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    I was just looking at that phone hoping it would be PURE AOSP. Guess I won't be buying that phone either. Does it really matter if I intend to root and unlock it as soon as I get it? Or as soon as someone breaks it?

Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eja144 View Post
    Here's my rant...

I think Android phone manufacturers need to take a lesson from Apple, and get off the crazy week-long product life cycle. Take a little bit more time to perfect and fine tune rather than force new products on to the market just so they always have an answer to the competitor's flavor of the day. I have zero interest in any new device that's not on 4.0 - even if it has great hardware. Because by the time it gets an OTA update, there may be something better out there. Or if not, I'll just do what I did with the Atrix and buy it post-update when it's old news and on sale for 50 bucks at Best Buy.

Word...

Tapped from Chris's OG Atrix running Dorian's hybrid!

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    The specs look pretty impressive on the Sony Xperia Ion, but I'm really salivating over the looks of the Sony Xperia S which they've not announced carriers for.
    Hiram

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eja144 View Post
    Here's my rant...

Quote Originally Posted by jetmech View Post
    Word...

Tapped from Chris's OG Atrix running Dorian's hybrid!
    I think you guys need to get an Apple device then. There's absolutely nothing wrong with variety.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads