Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

AT&T raising upgrade fee to $36

This is a discussion on AT&T raising upgrade fee to $36 within the AT&T (US) forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Carriers category; I have another year until I fret about this. Doesn't surprise me at all, though. AT&T loves that cash. Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: AT&T raising upgrade fee to $36

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I have another year until I fret about this. Doesn't surprise me at all, though. AT&T loves that cash.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    I'm not defending, it, I certainly don't 'like it'. But the way I see it, it's an $18 increase every 18 months...... ehh.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    Honestly, it is what it is. Makes you wonder what you'll be subjected to next.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    Even if you go to a new carrier, they hit you with an activation fee (guess the price -- $36!)
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    It is rather unfortunate that here in the states we only have four major carriers. These four carriers has the largest selection of phones with the best features, and only four networks that offer great network features as well. There are other options for service providers if we "the people" care to move on them. I know around here there are other providers, that offer cheaper plans, and have relatively decent features. I know Cricket is it's own carrier, owned by Leap Wireless (they are a CDMA carrier). Also, in KY, there is a carrier called Bluegrass Cellular, who covers over 40 counties in KY, and offer nationwide coverage without roaming charges (I am assuming they have a leasing agreement with a larger carrier, I don't know who).

We do have options. However, those options are overlooked when addressing issues like what phone you want and what features you require from your mobile provider. Most of us that can afford are willing to pay a premium to have said features and phones.

So while I dislike a 100% increase in activation fees, I will pay it to be on a network that has more to offer than local carriers, who lease from major carriers when outside of their native coverage area.

I would like to add as an after the fact note, that there are countries that don't have nearly as many options.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I just upgraded a few weeks ago to the Samsung Skyrocket still have the Atrix to but glad I missed the upgrade fee! AT&T is the only company I can get reception with where I live. I was allowed to keep my unlimited data with an LTE phone to!

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    [Sarcasm]Cool, now you can get to there unwritten soft limit and get throttled quicker.[/Sarcasm] What are you going to do w/ your old Atrix?
    Moto Atrix 4G - Rooted, BL Unlocked, Carrier unlocked, RedPill CM7.2
    Google N1 - Rooted, Retired, Bad power switch repaired, backup device

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    My 7 year old son is using it for games, he has my last 3 iphones and now my Atrix. I normally get a new phone every year not married to any one brand just like to change every year. So far the SR is an awesome phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kage_ View Post
    [Sarcasm]Cool, now you can get to there unwritten soft limit and get throttled quicker.[/Sarcasm] What are you going to do w/ your old Atrix?

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Heh. Dang wrong thread. Sheesh. And BTW, yeah, the charging more for an upgrade is BS. I "upgrade" all the time by myself. Move the SIM from one phone to another one. Yeah, tough. :\
    -joe-
    Last edited by joeaux; 02-22-2012 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Goofed up.
    -Geek, Hack, Early Adopter-
    "The Cake Is a Lie..."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads