Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

AT&T comes clean on throttling.

This is a discussion on AT&T comes clean on throttling. within the AT&T (US) forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Carriers category; http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1314046.html No more "Top 5" 3 gigs and you're out! Tapped from Chris's OG Atrix running Dorian's hybrid!...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By MJPollard
  • 1 Post By Lotus222

Thread: AT&T comes clean on throttling.

Member #
    Liked
    177 times

AT&T comes clean on throttling.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1314046.html No more "Top 5" 3 gigs and you're out!

Tapped from Chris's OG Atrix running Dorian's hybrid!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I'd really like that case in Simi to not be appealed - that would be great.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Negative publicity and the potential for more lawsuits tend to have that effect.
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    Well, I for one thinks throttling is useless and a ploy to get us to switch to a limited plan. But... They're gonna stick it to us one way or another. This plan is better than the "Top 5", but still not as fair as T-Mobiles plan.

Tapped from Chris's OG Atrix running Dorian's hybrid!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Why even call it unlimited, if we get penalized for using it?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Im A Monsta View Post
    Why even call it unlimited, if we get penalized for using it?
    You didn't know? There's actually an "-ish" at the end of the word, but it's in teeny-tiny microscopic print.
    das8nt and Condor97 like this.
    Martin's Android devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Quantum (CM 10.2 by PwnCakes193)
    - Asus Transformer TF101 with No-Name (CM 10.2 by josteink)
    - Motorola Atrix 4G with CM 7.2

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Gotta love AT&T's marketing gimmicks. I saw on the news where people had been winning in small claims court against AT&T for the "unlimited plan" which isn't unlimited, at all. I'm sure they were forced to publicly address the issue to prevent more claims. Although I use AT&T through my business, I would have dropped them like a bad habit, years ago, due to their horrendous customer service, lies/misinformation, and BS "bundleing" packages. A couple years ago, I bundled DSL with my phone (to save $5 a month), and I lost $300 because AT&T's phone company is too stupid to communicate with their DSL company in regards of billing. Ironic, considering they are supposed to be a communication company...
    grenefroggie likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Sadly we only get the 3 gig limit instead of the 5GB since our phones are not LTE.
    Moto Atrix 4G - Rooted, BL Unlocked, Carrier unlocked, RedPill CM7.2
    Google N1 - Rooted, Retired, Bad power switch repaired, backup device

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Gotta love AT&T's marketing gimmicks. I saw on the news where people had been winning in small claims court against AT&T for the "unlimited plan" which isn't unlimited, at all. I'm sure they were forced to publicly address the issue to prevent more claims. Although I use AT&T through my business, I would have dropped them like a bad habit, years ago, due to their horrendous customer service, lies/misinformation, and BS "bundleing" packages. A couple years ago, I bundled DSL with my phone (to save $5 a month), and I lost $300 because AT&T's phone company is too stupid to communicate with their DSL company in regards of billing. Ironic, considering they are supposed to be a communication company...
    I think you will find that most communications companies, whether it be a telco or cable provider, usually don't talk well within departments. When I was in the AF, I was in a Comm Squadron. We always used to poke fun at ourselves, because for a Comm Squadron, we did very poorly communicating (in my opinion) with other flights about work that needed to be done. It was like pulling teeth to get a cable run request from the NOC over to the cable guys. It's rather amusing in that environment. It's rather disappointing when a company as large as AT&T cannot do it efficiently. The customer ends up paying for it.

Remove Ads

Ads