Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Help on deciding on a new phone

This is a discussion on Help on deciding on a new phone within the AT&T (US) forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Carriers category; Argh, this is true with LTE :/ ... I don't know if it makes a huge difference to me since I try to stay on ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Help on deciding on a new phone

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Argh, this is true with LTE :/ ... I don't know if it makes a huge difference to me since I try to stay on WiFi as much as possible.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I figured I ask a similar question on this thread. Sorry, I'm not trying to jack it.
    Time to renew and I'm staying with AT&T. I've narrowed it down to the Atrix HD or Samsung Galaxy S3. What do you guys think I should do? I love my Atrix 4G and feel the experience can only be better with a HD but will I be missing out if I don't try the S3. Everyone is raving about the S3. It is suppose to be the best phone out right now. What should I do?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyV View Post
    I figured I ask a similar question on this thread. Sorry, I'm not trying to jack it.
    Time to renew and I'm staying with AT&T. I've narrowed it down to the Atrix HD or Samsung Galaxy S3. What do you guys think I should do? I love my Atrix 4G and feel the experience can only be better with a HD but will I be missing out if I don't try the S3. Everyone is raving about the S3. It is suppose to be the best phone out right now. What should I do?
    Ultimately up to you, of course, but I just returned my HD mainly for battery reasons, but there were a few other quirks as well, though nothing that a bug fix update couldn't cure.

My main issue was with the HD having only a 1700+ battery with a 4.5" HD screen. That screen, even at its lowest brightness, uses a bunch of power. Pair that with a battery that's smaller than the A1 or A2 and you have a weak combination in my opinion. The other quick was memory management. The phone did not manage the RAM well. I got low system memory warnings about six or seven times over the four weeks I had it. That was too much for me, coupled with a battery that was never going to get bigger.

So, like I said, the RAM management issue can be fixed, but it's up to you if you need longer battery life. A Jelly Bean update might help the battery life a bit, but they haven't even announced that update yet. Other than those two things, I really liked the phone and the job Moto had done with the ICS skin. The software buttons are great as well along with the beautiful HD screen.

I haven't owned the GS3, but we have a few members here that do and they all really like them (at least as far as they've told us.) I'm not a big Sammy fan, and I can't do the physical home button, but it looks to be a good phone. I've heard battery life is good with the 2200+ battery that it holds.

If those are your only two choices, and you can't wait, I would probably recommend the GS3 if you were already considering it.

Good luck in your choice!

Sent from my MB865 Atrix 2 via Tapatalk 2

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

BUC
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyV View Post
    Well das8nt gave a great insight on the HD.

I have to say that I've never been a big Samsung fan either, but since they are the most popular android I bought 2 galaxies S3 overseas to sell back home.

At the end, I end up opening 1 and trying it out. And I realized that what makes the S3 so popular is the little software things that Sammy added and that they are really useful.

The only thing I hated of my old Atrix were the half baked software Motorola put into it.

so when I came back home I decided to keep the 1 I opened and I am loving it.

it is no match for Motorola's quality feel but nevertheless it is a wonderful device.

You can read a bit more of my opinion in a thread I says called "cliche about trading phones"
    Last edited by BUC; 08-12-2012 at 12:01 PM.
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Android

Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    The HTC One X is also a great choice, especially since they lowered the price to the same as the HD.
    UltraDroid likes this.

BUC
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Remember to consider that that HTC One X does not have micro sd card slot. And the battery is not removable. Other than that it is great.
    Dorian likes this.
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Android

Member #
    Liked
    103 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BUC View Post
    Remember to consider that that HTC One X does not have micro sd card slot. And the battery is not removable. Other than that it is great.
    Yes, that is true. That's why, for me, I'd still take the SGS III even at the higher price. But for those that don't care about the extra storage or the removable battery, it's a great choice (disclaimer: my son has the HTC One X.... it's very nice, especially the screen).

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Atrix is my first smartphone. My upgrade isn't till spring. Looking at how I've come to use it I'll be looking at one thing for my next phone. Screen size. It will have to be bigger. But the hardware counts too. Hardware is partly why I picked atrix over htc. If I was looking now the SG3 would be top of the list.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Ads