Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Poor battery performance

This is a discussion on Poor battery performance within the Telstra (Australia) forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Carriers category; Thanks for that suggestion. I went to task manager and put basically everything on the AUTO-END list. This appears to have made some difference but ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Poor battery performance

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for that suggestion. I went to task manager and put basically everything on the AUTO-END list. This appears to have made some difference but it is still a long way from the stated performance that Motorola advertises.

Motorola advertises 510 minutes of talk time and 250 hours of standby. It has the usual disclaimers that "All talk and standby times are quoted in Digital Mode, and are approximate. Battery performance depends on network configuration, signal strength, operating temperature, features selected, and voice, data and other application usage patterns". If they quote this then I would think it reasonable to assume that we should get AT LEAST 50% of this performance - that would be 4h 15min of Talk and 5 days 5 hours.

Now I think changing tasks has improved things, but it is still a long way off. I charged to full 100% charge then have run it for 7 hours - in the 7 hours 90% of the charge was used.

Time since charge - 6h 59m 58s – 10% charge remaining

Usage was as follows:

Voice used 74% of power - 2hr 23min 13 sec of calls
    Display used 9% of power - 1h 10m 59s active
    Phone Idle used 5% of power
    Com.motorola.service.main used 4% of power
    Android used 4% of power
    Cell Standby used 3% of power
    Swype used 2% of power
    Android OS used 2% of power

Like I said, I think this is an improvement - we're up from unusable to disappointing and I really am appreciative of that suggestion. But even if I set my expectations to be 50% of what Motorola advertises then I'm still way below that.

As always, appreciate the input of those more knowledgeable than myself.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Another thing you can do (if you're not doing it already) is download Green Power free version. This will allow you to auto end manually everithing that u used is a brief period of time. I must use it at leaqdt three to four times a day when I go from app to app ina short period of time. But at least I'm glad Task Manager helped.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    IF you are interested in unlocking your device, and loading a different ROM, that might be the remedy. It can be done for your carrier, and there is a wonderful Tutorial on this forum. I believe that may be the only way to resolve your issue. Unfortunately.
    Droid It Yourself.

I just changed my signature. I am just cool like that.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DroiDIY View Post
    IF you are interested in unlocking your device, and loading a different ROM, that might be the remedy. It can be done for your carrier, and there is a wonderful Tutorial on this forum. I believe that may be the only way to resolve your issue. Unfortunately.
    Is it not part of the problem that the Atrix is really not taping the power of using a dual core chip? I could be wrong but, isn't it running on one core istead of the two? THey really haven't figure out how to make it more efficient in that area. For the most part I am happy with the performance. My day start at 5:30am and I don't really have to recharge my Atrix until 2:00pm with heavy use.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    Is it not part of the problem that the Atrix is really not taping the power of using a dual core chip? I could be wrong but, isn't it running on one core istead of the two? THey really haven't figure out how to make it more efficient in that area. For the most part I am happy with the performance. My day start at 5:30am and I don't really have to recharge my Atrix until 2:00pm with heavy use.
    Yes, I believe you are right. The other Core is reserved for WebTop, if I remember correctly. I am now testing the Ninja Rom's battery, but I got eleven hours of heavy use out of Kenn's Rom.
    Droid It Yourself.

I just changed my signature. I am just cool like that.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I hear you crampton. My Atrix just went back for replacement. I find it unacceptable to get 7 hours battery life. Even when I got a 3500mAh battery, I could still only get 8 hours.
    Bought a new Atrix running standard Froyo in June 2011
    Apart from the battery performance, Atrix ROCKS man!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well I am another sad panda. I scooted off to sports today for 3 hrs and the phone was down to 20% when I got home after leaving it on charge since friday night. Nothing out of the ordinary in the battery manager, it seems the display (while it was in my pocket) caused this....
    I have tried most of the tips and tricks on the forums like autoend apps, and removed most of the bloatware tel$tra thought I would need. No wallpaper, no widgets.
    Guess its time to look further into the ROM scene and forcing an update?
    gg tel$stra.
    Im not sure how an ATT rom will work with telstra tho.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I got my Atrix back from Telstra. The report said 'restored to manufacturers settings, tested & performs to manufacturers specifications'. They had just done the same factory reset as I had done as all the icons were in the same place I left them. When I picked it up it had 65% battery, 2.5 hours later it had 18% (no wifi, gps or bluetooth usage).

it's a sad day when my laptop gets better battery life with wifi on than my phone does with wifi off!

Guess I'd better get used to 22 more months on this contact with having to take a spare battery & a charger with me everywhere I go.
    Thanks Motorola, you've taken me full circle. My first ' mobile' phone was an analogue Motorola bag phone where you needed spare batteries & chargers to go anywhere more than a few hours. 18 years later & nothing has changed.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Hatcheckgirl likes this.
    Bought a new Atrix running standard Froyo in June 2011
    Apart from the battery performance, Atrix ROCKS man!

Member #
    Twitter
    @logantyler_
    Liked
    59 times
    Have you considered buying a new battery? Wiping the data? Calibrating?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Rooted & Unlocked Motorola Atrix with CM7

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    Some people need to do a full cycle and then calibrate the battery. I'm surprised GBread is having such issues with it. It's annoying.

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads