Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Poor battery performance

This is a discussion on Poor battery performance within the Telstra (Australia) forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Carriers category; Very disappointed with Atrix Battery - can't last a day without charging with negligible use and all battery saving options onNoticed that telstra is on ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Poor battery performance

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Thumbs up Poor battery performance

Very disappointed with Atrix Battery - can't last a day without charging with negligible use and all battery saving options onNoticed that telstra is on very old system - 4.1.47.Mb860.Telstra.en.AU.Any advice greatly appreciated - performance is woeful now. It improve when connected to wifi. Using it in areas with excellent 3G coverage, but it still gets hot and chews battery.

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by crampton View Post
    Very disappointed with Atrix Battery - can't last a day without charging with negligible use and all battery saving options onNoticed that telstra is on very old system - 4.1.47.Mb860.Telstra.en.AU.Any advice greatly appreciated - performance is woeful now. It improve when connected to wifi. Using it in areas with excellent 3G coverage, but it still gets hot and chews battery.
    When out of Wi-Fi range, do you turn the Wi-Fi radio off? That will help some. What apps are you running? Any weather or news apps?

Is your DLNA server running? I am on gingerbread, so I'm not sure where that is in Froyo, but you might want to check that.

I Droided this myself. Using Tapa-da-talk.
    Droid It Yourself.

I just changed my signature. I am just cool like that.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Thumbs up Battery still bad

Thanks for your reply.When out of wifi range I do switch offI don't have any weather or news apps. Essentially standard configuration as received from Telstra (still very new)I don't have DLNA running.My battery usage for the last 3 hours and 30 minutes (during which my phone went from 70% to 20% - and most of the time it was in my pocket doing nothing).- Phone Idle 25%- display 15%- com.motorola.service.main 15%- Voice calls 13% (I made 1 voice call for 2min 25 sec)- Android System 11%- Cell standby 10%- Android OS 5%- Swype 3%Am very frustrated by al this.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    My expectation based on the press for this phone is that the battery should be at least as good or better than an iPhone.Also, the system is 4.1.47.MB860.Telstr.en.AU - but when I try to check for update it always say "Check for update was not available at this time. Try again later." - maybe if there was a way to update Telstra version of the system this would fix the issue, but sadly that doesn't work either.

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    Thanks for your reply.When out of wifi range I do switch offI don't have any weather or news apps. Essentially standard configuration as received from Telstra (still very new)I don't have DLNA running.My battery usage for the last 3 hours and 30 minutes (during which my phone went from 70% to 20% - and most of the time it was in my pocket doing nothing).- Phone Idle 25%- display 15%- com.motorola.service.main 15%- Voice calls 13% (I made 1 voice call for 2min 25 sec)- Android System 11%- Cell standby 10%- Android OS 5%- Swype 3%Am very frustrated by al this.
    You're welcome. The only item I am not familiar with is com.motorola.service.main. That, I believe, is your issue, though. Give me time to look it up, unless somebody wants to swoop in here.

I get about eleven, twelve hours of solid use, but I am on 2.3.4. There is an option of loading a rom that will alleviate the issue, but that's getting pretty deep into the phone.

I Droided this myself.
    Droid It Yourself.

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    Aonther thing. Do you have any email accounts you are having issues with? Something that may cause it to get to connect continually.

I Droided this myself.
    Droid It Yourself.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I would like to suggest testing Battery Defender or Green Power. They are apps that will help with battery usage, by limiting how long and how often the wifi and cellular data is enabled.

Sent from my moto Atrix using Tapatalk!
    Magic is real -- unless declared integer.
    - sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    Dave, I think this com.motorola.service.main is an issue. Sounds like a program/service that is trying to access a server or network continually.

I Droided this myself.
    Droid It Yourself.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Thumbs up Still struggling with the battery

Hi everyone - thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my struggles.I tried the battery apps that you suggested but this didn't make any difference. I already have everything switched off - data saver, max battery saver, screen switched to minimum brightness, all Motorola widgets deleted.Seems the phone loses about 10% charge every 40-60 minutes. It won't make a day. And the usage is negligible - I have had 35 minutes of talk, 30 emails and half a dozen texts.Other than the battery I really like this phone. I suspect the problem is due to the Motorola/Telstra garbage and the very old version of software they have and the update does not work (just says not available at this time).Thanks again for your help.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Hi everyone - thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my struggles.I tried the battery apps that you suggested but this didn't make any difference. I already have everything switched off - data saver, max battery saver, screen switched to minimum brightness, all Motorola widgets deleted.Seems the phone loses about 10% charge every 40-60 minutes. It won't make a day. And the usage is negligible - I have had 35 minutes of talk, 30 emails and half a dozen texts.Other than the battery I really like this phone. I suspect the problem is due to the Motorola/Telstra garbage and the very old version of software they have and the update does not work (just says not available at this time).Thanks again for your help.
    Are you using the task manager?

Sent from my Atrix 4G using Tapatalk
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads