Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gingerbread on Telstra yet?

This is a discussion on Gingerbread on Telstra yet? within the Telstra (Australia) forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Carriers category; Originally Posted by kururunfa1x Check this out, Telstra Gingerbread update link found at xda http://www.filesonic.com/file/231513...stra-AU.sbf.gz # That link seems dead Sent from my Atrix plugged ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gingerbread on Telstra yet?

  1. #21
    Member
    Member #
    4250
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    44
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kururunfa1x View Post
    Check this out, Telstra Gingerbread update link found at xda
    http://www.filesonic.com/file/231513...stra-AU.sbf.gz#
    That link seems dead

    Sent from my Atrix plugged into AC using Tapatalk
    Bought a new Atrix running standard Froyo in June 2011
    Apart from the battery performance, Atrix ROCKS man!

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Member #
    7539
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    27
    Liked
    0 times

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Member #
    4611
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3
    Liked
    0 times
    Flash mine last night and tested ok, do not loose anything except root. need to re-root.

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Member #
    7539
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    27
    Liked
    0 times
    had to redefine my contact groups and
    lost 1080p HD Video recording settings, not sure if I can use same process and file as for 2.2 to enable it again

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Member #
    4577
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    129
    Liked
    5 times
    so if i put this on my custom atrix i want loose my waranty etc etc.is it easy to do?im not tech savvy ,but i would like the gingerbread update.also whats the difference say between this or waiting for motorola/telstra,john

  6. #26
    Member
    Member #
    4250
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    44
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kururunfa1x View Post
    Great, thanks mate.
    I might give it a go on the weekend.
    I've never loaded a rom before so I don't know how hard it is.
    I've rooted but that's all.
    I think the part where I have to load an unlocked bootloader confuses me.

    Sent from my Atrix plugged into AC using Tapatalk
    Bought a new Atrix running standard Froyo in June 2011
    Apart from the battery performance, Atrix ROCKS man!

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Member #
    7539
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    27
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kool68 View Post
    Great, thanks mate.
    I might give it a go on the weekend.
    I've never loaded a rom before so I don't know how hard it is.
    I've rooted but that's all.
    I think the part where I have to load an unlocked bootloader confuses me.

    Sent from my Atrix plugged into AC using Tapatalk
    I did not unlock my bootloader, rooted it earlier in June when I upgraded from Bell to Telstra Froyo and now just used RSDLite 5.5 or 5.31 to flash Telstra Gingerbread, worked without any problems. It did not even add any bloatware, which I removed already in 2.2.
    Had to root it again after the update, used PetesMotorolaRootTools_v1.06.zip to do so.

    Steps flash SBF, copied from XDA
    5) Open RSD Lite and load the sbf file that you downloaded.

    6) Put your device in RSD Protocol Mode by powering OFF, and upon powering back ON, hold both the power button and the volume UP button. Device should now say "Entering RSD Protocol Mode."

    7) Connect your device to your computer via the usb cable, and select your device by clicking/highlighting it in RSD Lite.

    8) Select START in RSD Lite and let the sbf flash process fully complete before disconnecting the device from the PC. There will be several reboots and the process make take 5 - 10 minutes to complete a FULL sbf flash.
    Last edited by kururunfa1x; 10-06-2011 at 09:55 PM.

  8. #28
    Member
    Member #
    4250
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    44
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kururunfa1x View Post
    I did not unlock my bootloader, rooted it earlier in June when I upgraded from Bell to Telstra Froyo and now just used RSDLite 5.5 or 5.31 to flash Telstra Gingerbread, worked without any problems. It did not even add any bloatware, which I removed already in 2.2.
    Had to root it again after the update, used PetesMotorolaRootTools_v1.06.zip to do so.

    Steps flash SBF, copied from XDA
    5) Open RSD Lite and load the sbf file that you downloaded.

    6) Put your device in RSD Protocol Mode by powering OFF, and upon powering back ON, hold both the power button and the volume UP button. Device should now say "Entering RSD Protocol Mode."

    7) Connect your device to your computer via the usb cable, and select your device by clicking/highlighting it in RSD Lite.

    8) Select START in RSD Lite and let the sbf flash process fully complete before disconnecting the device from the PC. There will be several reboots and the process make take 5 - 10 minutes to complete a FULL sbf flash.
    Wooohooooo, that worked perfectly!!! What's wierd is all my apps & data is still there AND its still got super user there. AWESOME man!!!!!
    Thanks HEAPS for this instruction, just what I needed!!!!!
    No to go play with Gingerbread
    LOVING the new GUI already.
    Bought a new Atrix running standard Froyo in June 2011
    Apart from the battery performance, Atrix ROCKS man!

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Member #
    7539
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    27
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kool68 View Post
    Wooohooooo, that worked perfectly!!! What's wierd is all my apps & data is still there AND its still got super user there. AWESOME man!!!!!
    Thanks HEAPS for this instruction, just what I needed!!!!!
    No to go play with Gingerbread
    LOVING the new GUI already.
    Great to hear, I am also happy with new GUI and battery life seems to have improved.

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Member #
    7756
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    5
    Liked
    0 times

    Exclamation

    Please help!
    I was using the sbf (post 22) and instructions (post 27) here on my Telstra stock Atrix.
    And it was all going well until I got:
    "phone 0000 switching device to bp pass through mode"
    That fails and I get:
    "Failed flashing process interface ap-os error flashing subscriber unit device api error 0xE003003F address 0x12000150 command addr 0xE023203f phone connected"
    It shows the logo while booting and freezes at "Failed to boot 4 Starting RSD mode"
    I can still get connected through RSD-lite but I don't know how to proceed

    Thanks


 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [Q] Unlocking the Telstra Atrix bootloader?
    By millab in forum Telstra (Australia)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 07:41 AM
  2. Atrix 4G to Telstra T3020 voice call problem
    By sammm in forum Motorola Atrix Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 12:33 AM
  3. Help with Gingerbread
    By riversong in forum Motorola Atrix Help
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-24-2011, 01:25 AM
  4. Welcome Telstra Atrix Owners!
    By dandroid in forum Telstra (Australia)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 09:54 AM
  5. Telstra (Australia)
    By AWHS in forum Motorola Atrix General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 11:52 PM

Search tags for this page

atrix 2.3 update australia
,
atrix 2.3 update telstra
,
atrix android update telstra
,
atrix firmware update australia
,
atrix gingerbread australia
,

atrix gingerbread telstra

,
atrix telstra gingerbread
,
gingerbread update atrix telstra
,
intl-fix-try1.sbf
,

motorola atrix gingerbread telstra

,
telstra atrix 2.3
,
telstra atrix 2.3.4
,

telstra atrix gingerbread

,
telstra atrix gingerbread update
,
telstra gingerbread atrix
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread