Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Unlocked atrix no longer connecting

This is a discussion on Unlocked atrix no longer connecting within the Telstra (Australia) forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Carriers category; H guys, i have an unlocked atrix, but it has the bell bloatware, so it is originally from canada, i downloaded the OTA gingerbread update, ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unlocked atrix no longer connecting

H guys, i have an unlocked atrix, but it has the bell bloatware, so it is originally from canada, i downloaded the OTA gingerbread update, and since then mobile data will not work on both vodafone and telstra networks, i have followed the correct protocols , entering the APN's manually, and getting the network to send me the APN text, also tried a master reset, oh and yes mobile data check box is checked. Its kinda annoying not being able to check the internet any more when im out and about!
    side note: since gingerbread battery performance and life has doubled! yay

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Hmm. It sounds like you've tried nearly all recommendations.

I'm assuming Wifi is still working? No mobile data is working? Email, browser, Market, social networks?

Did you ever have a battery saving app like Green Power that would turn off your data?

Unfortunately, I'm afraid the huge improvement in battery is due to mobile data not being available. It should be better, but usually not double.

Sent via 2.3.4 Rooted Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Wifi still works, but no mobile data at all, never used anything but the standard battery profile manager, called motorola they seemed to think it is related to GB not being released on the atrix within au yet, network profiles maybe? noticed next to the apns left side theres a tiny padlock thats unlocked with a "?" in the centre of the padlock

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    That pretty much sounds like the problem to me. They do tend to be carrier specific with regards to APNs ... the "?" a pretty good indicator that something is amiss.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Any ideas, on a solution? either wait for GB to be released or modify the phone, to make it no longer U.S oriented?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    My only other suggestion would be to try an app like Tweakker that automatically downloads and installs the correct APNs for your phone/carrier combination.

I don't think it's fully free, though. You might have to buy the download while in the app.

I don't know that modifying the phone would help either, but you could try.

The Bell Gingerbread update should be available for you. Have you tried: Motorola Atrix™ 4G Product Support - Motorola Mobility, Inc. Canada

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i have the latest update, and thats the prob, when the phone was still on 2.2 (froyo) the australian mobile data was working but since the gingerbread update, the apn's will not connect, the must be something in the bell software update that is no longer compatible with australian apns, since its a software modification (the update) but network connecting protocols are pretty much all the same i would imagine?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallyrat View Post
    i have the latest update, and thats the prob, when the phone was still on 2.2 (froyo) the australian mobile data was working but since the gingerbread update, the apn's will not connect, the must be something in the bell software update that is no longer compatible with australian apns, since its a software modification (the update) but network connecting protocols are pretty much all the same i would imagine?
    This is an old thread, so you have probably long since solved the problem, but I have experienced exactly the problems you have, as my Atrix is a Bell Canada phone on Telstra NextG.

I had to change the APN settings both times upgrades were installed. (2.2 Froyo to 2.4 Gingerbread and also 2.3.6). The APN settings I have now are:
    Name Telstra internet
    APN telstra.iph
    Proxy <Not set>
    Port <Not set>
    Username <Not set>
    Password <Not set>
    Server <Not set>
    MMSC http://mmsc.telstra.com:8002
    MMS proxy 10.1.1.180
    MMS port 80
    MCC 505
    MNC 1
    Authentication type None
    APN type default,supl,mms
    APN protocol Ipv4

Clear all existing APN's and install this one. Note that this should cover internet AND MMS.

Remove Ads

Ads